Thursday, December 6, 2012

joomla white page in template after server migration/update // comparing packages

I changed servers mounted all the stuff and some of the Joomla sites I had opened correctly, others just showed a white page.

I didn't know why.

After many many failed attemps to fix it, god's hand enlightened me and I decided to compare the installed php packages between servers.

This can be done using
dpkg --get-selections | grep php

Comparing these packages between servers, it showed evidently I had missed installation of the package
php5-mcrypt

An apt-get install put my joomla sites running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cancel script completely on ctrl-c

I found this question interesting: basically how to cancel completely a script and all child processes : You do this by creating a subro...