Friday, October 9, 2009

Option Indexes apache directory listing

today I had a rough time trying to set up my apache for it to show the files in a directory using "Option Indexes"

I fiiinally found out that not only this directive is necessary, but also to have "autoindex" module enabled.

on ubuntu this is done: "a2enmod autoindex"

that's all....

if you want to protect directory listing under a user/password, google this on .htaccess (this is only hint of my file a friend helped me configure):

$ cat .htaccess
AuthUserFile /var/www/data-planteles/.htpasswd
AuthName "my unique name"
AuthType Basic
require valid-user

No comments:

Post a Comment

cancel script completely on ctrl-c

I found this question interesting: basically how to cancel completely a script and all child processes : You do this by creating a subro...