Monday, April 6, 2009

nice trick registering dll on vista

the trick consists in:
<<
Regsvr32 can also be run as an administrator. Enter regsvr32 and filename in the
"Start Search" box and then use Ctrl+Shift+Enter instead of Enter.
>>

http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/VB/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion/2008-09/msg00931.html

Re: Dang Vista! Help Please

* From: "David Youngblood"
* Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 05:59:17 -0500

Your setup needs to "Run-As" an administrator. Simply logging on as an
administrator will fail.

Regsvr32 can also be run as an administrator. Enter regsvr32 and filename in the
"Start Search" box and then use Ctrl+Shift+Enter instead of Enter.

David


"Webbiz" wrote in message
news:h%iCk.14715$Il.14552@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm sure someone has posted about this before, but when I do a search I get
all kinds of information on how to register using regsvr32 rather than what
I need.

Problem: Although my installation program puts the OCX's in the right places
(say the \system32 directory), it seems to have a problem registering the
program under VISTA.

My apps are complaining that one of my OCX's is not registered. To fix this,
I have to have the customer run regsvr32 as an Administrator under CMD
window. That's just not a good thing to have your customers doing all that.

What must I do within my installation or code in order for them to register
these OCXs correctly under VISTA? Is there an easy fix? My installation
program is InnoSetup, by the way.

Thanks.

Webbiz




.

* References:
o Dang Vista! Help Please
+ From: Webbiz

* Prev by Date: Re: Obligations as a contractor
* Next by Date: Re: Runs over Vista or XP?
* Previous by thread: Re: Dang Vista! Help Please
* Next by thread: Re: Dang Vista! Help Please
* Index(es):
o Date
o Thread

Relevant Pages

* Re: Windows Update problem - KB 927978
... regsvr32 wuapi.dll /s ... The problem started after the installation of KB927978 update: ... Upon visiting Windows Update or Microsoft Update again, ... Register or reinstall the files for me now ...
(microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
* Re: Win Upd & Defender wont update
... I've tried the regsvr32 entries (in command mode running as ... Administrator), all of them worked except the following two: ... Driver software installation ...
(microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
* Re: Trying to deploy/redistribute Analysis Services 2000 client app.
... I didn't find useful the DSO installation guidelines. ... * Register msmddo80.dll, msmdlock.dll, msmdnet.dll with regsvr32 ... * Register the file installation (you can copy/paste in ...
(microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
* Re: Windows Update problem - KB 927978
... regsvr32 wuapi.dll /s ... The problem started after the installation of KB927978 update: ... Upon visiting Windows Update or Microsoft Update again, ... Register or reinstall the files for me now ...
(microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
* Dang Vista! Help Please
... Although my installation program puts the OCX's in the right places ... I have to have the customer run regsvr32 as an Administrator under CMD ... What must I do within my installation or code in order for them to register ...
(microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion)


We are proud to have Web Hosting and Rack Housing from 9 Net Avenue Deutschland.
(14)

tech-archive.net

* Windows
* Science
* Usenet

* Archive
* About
* Privacy
* Search
* Imprint

Path: www.tech-archive.net > Archive > VB > microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion > 2008-09 Print as PDF RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

cancel script completely on ctrl-c

I found this question interesting: basically how to cancel completely a script and all child processes : You do this by creating a subro...